Robert A Bone, The Negro Novel in America, revised edition, Yale University Press, 1965, pp 141-52.
Ralph Ellison, "Richard Wright's Blues," in The Collected Essays of Ralph Ellison, ed. John F. Callahan, Modern Library, 1995, pp 128-44.
Maryemma Graham and Jerry W Ward, Jr., "Black Boy (American Hunger): Freedom to Remember," in Censored Books Critical Viewpoints, edited by Nicholas J. Karohdes, Less Burress, and John M. Kean, Scarecrow Press, 1993, pp. 109-16.
Sinclair Lewis, review in Esquire, June...
(The entire page is 693 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE