Bennett, Margaret, “Who Was Black Beauty?,” in Horsepower, August/September 1999.
Chitty, Susan, The Woman Who Wrote Black Beauty: A Life of Anna Sewell, Hodder & Stoughton, 1971.
Grealy, Lucy, “Afterword,” in Black Beauty, Signet Classics, 2002, pp. 217–23.
Hastings, Waller, Northern State University online, April 12, 2005, www.northern.edu/hastingw/sewell.htm.
Review of Black Beauty, in the Critic, Vol. XIII, No. 338, June 21, 1890, pp. 305–06.
Sayers, Frances Clarke,...
(The entire page is 461 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE