Biodiversity the full range of variety within and among genes, species, and ecosystems of the world.
Ecosystem a dynamic complex of living organizations and their nonliving environment interacting as a functional unit.
Endemic found only in a specified locality.
Ex situ conservation conservation of elements of biodiversity outside their natural habitat.
Gene the functional unit of hereditary found in the DNA molecule; it is responsible for inherited characteristics of organisms....
(The entire page is 315 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE