Wayne P. Thomas is professor of research and evaluation methods at the Graduate School of Education at George Mason University. Virginia P. Collier is professor of bilingual/multicultural/ESL education in the same department and university. The authors are also researchers with the Center for Research on Education, Diversity, and Excellence (CREDE), funded by the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Research and Improvement.
Summary: In a two-way bilingual education program, language-minority students and native English speakers receive...
(The entire page is 2231 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE