Ken Noonan is superintendent of schools in Oceanside, California. In 1970, he founded the California Association of Bilingual Educators (CABE), which for years actively campaigned for bilingual education. But after the adoption of Proposition 227 in California in 1998, he became convinced that English immersion is a better approach than bilingual education.
Summary: For many years, bilingual education was the preferred strategy of the Oceanside school district in San Diego, California. However, things changed with the passage of Proposition 227, which...
(The entire page is 1725 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE