Peter Duignan, a senior fellow emeritus at the Hoover Institution, has written and edited more than forty books and monographs, including The Hispanics in the United States: A History (with L.H. Gann) and The Rebirth of the West: The Americanization of the Democratic World, 1945–1958.
Summary: Most studies done by independent researchers show that bilingual education does not work, is costly, is divisive, and inhibits Spanish speakers’ ability to compete in American society. Hispanics taught in bilingual programs tend to fall behind their...
(The entire page is 2002 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE