Beowulf is the title of the earliest existing Anglo-Saxon epic.long poem about legendary or historical heroes, written in a grand style It tells the story of Beowulf, a Norsereferring to the people and culture of Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland hero and warrior who fought and conquered several monsters that terrorized Denmark and Sweden. The poem combines elements of Anglo-Saxon culture with Christian moral values in an extraordinary...
(The entire page is 1928 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE