James D. Tagg (essay date 1976)
SOURCE: Tagg, James D. “Benjamin Franklin Bache's Attack on George Washington.” The Pennsylvania of History and Biography 100, no. 2 (April 1976): 191-230.
[In the following essay, Tagg outlines Bache's writings critical of President George Washington, focusing on how Bache's background influenced his work, his motivation in attacking Washington, and the development of his opinion of Washington.]
It is common knowledge that during his second administration George Washington was severely attacked by radical...
(The entire page is 16564 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE