Mister: the rooster from Sweet Home whose egg shell Paul D cracked so that he could live and who now preys on Paul D’s mind
Mr. Buddy: the possible father, and definite master, of Amy Denver
Paul D is wary of Beloved’s attentions to him and wants her to leave, but cannot ask her to since it is Sethe’s home. As he relentlessly questions her as to how she came to be there, she chokes on a raisin, effectively ending the questioning. She and Denver go to Denver’s room, and Paul D tells Sethe that Halle saw...
(The entire page is 407 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE