1. Why does Paul D object to Sethe’s apologizing for Denver’s behavior toward him?
2. Why does Sethe say she would choose Denver over Paul D if it came to that?
3. How does Beloved get to the stump near 124 Bluestone Road?
4. Why doesn’t Paul D press Beloved for more information after she gives her name?
5. What indications do we have that Beloved has become attached to Sethe?
6. How had Sethe obtained her crystal earrings?
7. Why had Sethe made her own “bedding” dress?
8. What materials did Sethe use...
(The entire page is 608 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE