1. Who was Thirty-Mile Woman?
2. Why didn’t Baby Suggs have her children with her?
3. How had Amy helped Sethe?
4. How would you describe the dress Denver sees kneeling next to her mother with its sleeve around her mother’s waist?
5. What does Sethe remember of her childhood?
6. According to Sethe, what is “rememory”?
7. Why had Baby Suggs been so starved for color?
8. What is Denver’s secret place?
9. What is Paul D’s secret fear?
10. What originally caused him to tremble?...
(The entire page is 592 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE