Finally, the trial to determine whether Karam and Kehkashan are complicit in Fatima’s death begins. Because of the large number of trials, Karam and Kehkashan’s trial will proceed piecemeal, along with many others, one hearing at a time and over the course of weeks. Abdul’s trial will happen later, in a juvenile court.
As the trial proceeds, it appears events are not in the Husseins’ favor. One police officer testifies that Karam and Kehkashan beat Fatima. Next, more “witnesses” who had not actually seen the altercation take the stand...
(The entire page is 388 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE