Legal Citation: 359 U.S. 121 (1959)
State of Illinois
The Supreme Court should void his conviction for bank robbery by an Illinois court. A federal court already had tried and had acquitted him of the same crime.
Chief Lawyer for Appellant
Walter R. Fisher
Chief Lawyers for Appellee
William C. Wines, Latham Castle
Justices for the Court
Tom C. Clark, Felix Frankfurter (writing for...
(The entire page is 1196 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE