No invention in modern times has had as much of an impact on human life as the invention of the automobile. It has become an important influence on the history, economy, and social life of much of the world. In fact, the rapid growth of the United States in the twentieth century can be directly related to the automobile.
Automobiles reach into every aspect of society, from the design of our cities to such personal uses as vacation travel, dining, and shopping. Mass-production techniques, first developed for the automobile, have been adapted...
(The entire page is 2102 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE