DUKE, living in exile.
FREDERICK, Brother to the Duke, and Usurper of his Dominions.
AMIENS, Lord attending on the Duke in his Banishment.
JAQUES, Lord attending on the Duke in his Banishment.
LE BEAU, a Courtier attending upon Frederick.
CHARLES, his Wrestler.
OLIVER, Son of Sir Rowland de Bois.
JAQUES, Son of Sir Rowland de Bois.
ORLANDO, Son of Sir Rowland de Bois.
ADAM, Servant to Oliver.
DENNIS, Servant to Oliver.
TOUCHSTONE, a Clown.
SIR OLIVER MARTEXT, a Vicar.
WILLIAM, a Country Fellow, in love with Audrey.
A person representing HYMEN.
ROSALIND, Daughter to the banished Duke.
CELIA, Daughter to Frederick.
PHEBE, a Shepherdess.
AUDREY, a Country Wench.
Lords belonging to the two Dukes; Pages, Foresters, and other
- In Shakespeare's comedy As You Like It, why does Celia suggest that she and Rosalind should change fathers? Refer to Act 1,...
- In As You Like It, who are "mannish cowards" and how do they hide their cowardly nature?
- In As You Like It, in what way does Arden provide a means of escape from the court? Is that its mere function, to provide a sanctuary to...
- In As You Like It, how would the production of certain scenes on stage be used to reflect the "truths" that emerge within the forest of...
- How is the idea of belonging portrayed in Shakespeare's play As You Like It?
Test Your Knowledge