Patricia Francis Cholakian (essay date spring 1969)
SOURCE: Cholakian, Patricia Francis. “The Two Narrative Styles of A. de La Sale.” Romance Notes 10, no. 2 (spring 1969): 362-72.
[In the essay below, Cholakian, emphasizing the lack of unity in Little John of Saintré, and investigates La Sale's incorporation of the elements of two distinct genres—the novel and the didactic treatise—in the work.]
Every reader of Antoine de la Sale's Petit Jehan de Saintré must grapple with the lack of unity within the work. The...
(The entire page is 4243 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE