- 1787: The United States wins its independence from Great Britain. Since then, politics has been, among other things, a forum for debate among ethnic and religious groups. At first there was little room for diversity in political office, but over the years this imbalance has improved.
1960: Nigeria wins its independence from Great Britain. Since then, politics has been characterized by rivalry and distrust between ethnic and religious groups.
- 1787: The United...
(The entire page is 298 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE