Ascherson, Neal. ‘‘Betrayal,’’ in New York Review of Books, Vol. 35, No. 3, March 3, 1988, pp. 3-4, 6.
Gordimer, Nadine. ‘‘A Tyranny of Clowns,’’ in New York Times Book Review, February 21, 1988, p. 1.
Kortenaar, Neil ten. ‘‘Only Connect: Anthills of the Savannah and Achebe's Trouble with Nigeria,’’ in Research in African Literatures, Vol. 24, No. 3, Fall, 1993, pp. 59-73.
Laurence, Margaret. Long Drums and Cannons: Nigerian Dramatists and Novelists. Praeger,...
(The entire page is 336 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE