At a glance:
- Author: Felicity Wolthington
- Characters: Tessa Crichton Price, Toby Crichton
Anne Morice’s twenty-one novels featuring amateur sleuth Tessa Crichton Price, the loquacious narrator, have been described as offering “sneaky endings, civilized middles and comfortable beginnings, which tell you in a page or two that you’re in the company of a classic detective-story writer.” Following in the tradition of Agatha Christie and Ngaio Marsh, Morice placed her characters in confined settings and examined the reality of psychological turmoil hovering beneath a facade of social harmony. Misled by skillfully placed red herrings, the reader can...
(The entire page is 2186 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE