Miss Stacy, Anne’s teacher, comes to call on Marilla. Miss Stacy has decided to bring together a group of her best students for an after-school class. They will focus their studies on passing the entrance exams at Queen’s College. Until this moment, Marilla has never said anything to Anne about continuing her education past grade school. When Anne learns that Miss Stacy has come by the house, Marilla explains that if Anne can maintain her good grades, she and Matthew are willing to pay for her college education.
Miss Stacy’s special class includes Gilbert Blythe, Ruby...
(The entire page is 495 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE