Pigeon Feathers and Other Stories (1962) by John Updike. "A & P" is one of the stories in this collection which contains stories about characters making choices and living with those choices as they grow.
The Catcher in the Rye (1951) by J. D. Salinger, a classic—and controversial—coming-of-age story. Holden Caulfield is kicked out of school—again—and decides to take a few days vacation before heading home.
25 & under Fiction edited by Susan Ketchin and Neil Giordano. A collection of stories by writers who are twenty-five years old or...
(The entire page is 242 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE