• Robin Behn’s The Practice of Poetry: Writing Exercises from Poets who Teach (1992) is a practical way for aspiring poets to gain insight and guidance from numerous writing teachers. The book contains ninety exercises, along with essays to help readers hone their poetry-writing skills.
• In the mid-1950s, Sanchez studied with Louise Bogan at New York University. The Blue Estuaries: Poems: 1923–1968 (1995) presents Bogan’s work.
• Joyce A. Joyce’s Ijala: Sonia Sanchez and the African Poetic Tradition (1997) covers over thirty years of...
(The entire page is 194 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE