- Pontiac's Rebellion
- Proclamation of 1763
- American reaction to English meddling
- Stamp Act of 1765
- Pamphlets and resolutions
- "Howling mobs in the streets"
- Nonimportation agreements
- The Sons of Liberty Unite
- Townshend Acts
- John Dickinson opposes Townshend Acts
- Townshend Acts are repealed
- For More Information
(The entire page is 5483 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE