- Celebrations of the impending war
- The North builds its army
- The South struggles to provide for its soldiers
- North and South scramble for military leadership
- Amateur officers and West Pointers
- The Northern strategy
- The Southern strategy
- Lincoln makes a new state out of western Virginia
- The Union Army moves south
- The First Battle of Bull Run
- The South spoils the North's...
(The entire page is 7374 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE