- Grant takes control
- The North launches twin offensives
- Battle of the Wilderness
- The Battle of Spotsylvania
- Two wounded armies
- The Battle of Cold Harbor
- Grant targets Petersburg
- Northern disillusionment with Grant's campaign
- Sherman chases Johnston
- Hood assumes command in the West
- Democrats nominate McClellan for president
- Farragut captures Mobile...
(The entire page is 8918 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE