ZENA SUTHERLAND and MAY HILL ARBUTHNOT
[The Silversteins's] work is carefully organized and written in a clear, direct style, and is dependably accurate. The more complicated subjects are not always covered in depth, but they are given balanced treatment, and the Silversteins' writing usually shows their attention to current research and always maintains a scientific attitude. (p. 463)
Pervading [Hamsters] is an attitude of respect for the rights and well-being of pets, and there is no trace of fictionalization or anthropomorphism.
The Silversteins have...
(The entire page is 319 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE