How dichotomous can we get in our reactions to mice and rats? Pet mice are kept in home and laboratory, rats are invaluable in medical research, both are obnoxious in the field. This dichotomy becomes apparent in this handy review [Rats and Mice: Friends and Foes of Man]….
So closely are … rodents connected with man's life that a commensal relationship exists between the unwilling host and his four-legged acquaintances. This closeness has resulted in legend and folk-lore from the Pied Piper, to the three blind mice and Mickey Mouse.
(The entire page is 187 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE