In the following viewpoint, excerpted from testimony before Congress, Tess Canja argues that while Medicare is in need of reform, such reform should be done cautiously so as to ensure the continued success of the program. Canja contends any reform should build on the foundation that was created by the Medicare+Choice program. According to Canja, such reform must be done carefully in order to ensure that policy makers and the public understand the effects of any changes. Canja is the president of the AARP (formerly the American Association of Retired Persons), a nonpartisan association...
(The entire page is 2617 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE