Popular QuestionsSee all »
- Explain the allusions to Faust (the opera performed at the beginning and, two years later, near the end of the novel) in The...
- How does Ellen represent a morally ambiguous character?
- How is the title of The Age of Innocence ironic to the content(characters, society, ideals, etc.) in the book?
- Would May, if she could be consulted somehow after death, approve of Newland renewing a relationship with Ellen in later life?
- How "INNOCENT" is May Welland? I know that Newland Archer sees May as very innocent and simple, but I wonder if anyone can post about the...