Archer spends Friday and Saturday at the home of the Chiverses, having fun on an ice boat and on a long tour of Reggie’s farm. On Sunday he goes to Skuytercliff, only to find that Ellen is not there. He discovers that she went to church with Mrs. van der Luyden, and he goes out looking for them. He is walking down the lane when he sees a woman in a red coat and eventually identifies her as Ellen.
Upon greeting her, he tells her that he came to see what made her run away. Ellen shrugs off his question, telling him that she was cold and wanted to run to warm up. Confused, Archer...
(The entire page is 608 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE