Ethan Nadelmann, director of The Lindesmith Center, a drugpolicy research institute, argues in favor of prescribing heroin to addicts under supervised conditions. According to Nadelmann, this unique approach to heroin addiction would benefit addicts and society. A Swiss program that supplies addicts with legal heroin has reduced drug-related crime and improved the health of addicts.
As you read, consider the following questions:
1. According to Nadelmann, how is heroin administered in the Swiss heroin-prescription programs?
2. What have the preliminary findings...
(The entire page is 1759 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE