On the seashore of endless worlds children meet.
sky is motionless overhead and the restless water is boisterous.
On the seashore of endless worlds the children meet with shouts and dances.
They build their houses with sand and they play with 5
empty shells. With withered leaves they weave their boats and
smilingly float them on the vast deep. Children
have their play on the seashore of worlds.
They know not how to swim, they know not how to cast
nets. Pearl fishers dive for pearls, merchants sail in...
(The entire page is 225 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE