Ushikawa’s dead body lies on a table in a cold room. Sakigake’s two guards, Buzzcut and Ponytail, watch over him. Buzzcut reflects on the odd phone call that brought the news of this death, and on the frenetic hours that followed as he and a small security team smuggled the body out of the apartment complex and into the Sakigake compound. Since their arrival, they have had the body examined by a doctor, who explained that Ushikawa was strangled to death by a professional, the kind of person who knew how to leave as little evidence behind as...
(The entire page is 457 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE