Alone in the sterile apartment in the Koenji district, Aomame struggles with her feelings about the murder she has just committed. All of her murders have been difficult, but the other men she killed inspired no feelings in her. Leader was different. He was “an extraordinary human being.” Because of this, the emotional effects of killing him also feel extraordinary.
In the morning, Tamaru calls and says that the Sakigake people appear to have decided to keep Leader’s death a secret. However, they will certainly want to speak to Aomame about it....
(The entire page is 510 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE