When Tengo arrives home, the sky is still free of clouds. He stops to check his mail and finds a notice of his first royalty payment for Air Chrysalis. The amount he has received, 1.6 million yen, represents more than he has ever received at once in his life. He does not really need the money, but he cannot help thinking that it is not enough, given the problems that have entered his life because of his work on the book. On reflection, he wonders if accepting the money will compound his problems. He resolves to think seriously about returning the...
(The entire page is 441 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE