By: Anna Deavere Smith; Kevin L. Fuller; Andrea Armstrong
Date: August 27, 1993
Source: Fuller, Kevin L., and Andrea Armstrong. "Media Killers: An Interview with Anna Deavere Smith." Appendx. Issue 2. Available online at ; website home page: http://www.appendx.org (accessed July 6, 2003).
About the Artist: Anna Deavere Smith (1950–), professor, actor, and author, was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. With financial support from the Ford Foundation, she founded the Institute on the Arts and Civic Dialogue at Harvard University. Smith has taught at Stanford and Yale, and in 2003 at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts and Law School. In 1996, Smith received a MacArthur "genius" Grant.
Blending theater, journalism, and social commentary, Anna Deavere Smith is credited for having...
(The entire page is 2634 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE