1. How much time has passed since Winston spotted the girl from the Fiction Department outside the junk shop?
2. What conflicting emotions does Winston feel before helping the girl?
3. Give the possible sources of the note.
4. Give the message on the note.
5. Tell why Winston no longer believes the girl is an enemy.
6. Where do Winston and the girl plan to meet?
7. Tell what Winston and the girl witness in the square.
8. When and where will the couple meet again?
9. What emotion...
(The entire page is 245 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE