Law and Order.
President Nixon set the theme for Republican candidates campaigning in the congressional elections of 1970: law and order. After the civil disruptions following May's invasion of Cambodia, law and order was a topic of intense interest to many voters. Extending the themes he had used in speeches earlier in the year, Nixon used the stump as an opportunity to
(The entire page is 610 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE