Winthrop W. Aldrich, 88, banker, president, and board chairman of Chase Manhattan Bank; ambassador to Great Britain (1953-1957), 25 February 1974.
Stanley C. Allyn, 79, president and board chairman of National Cash Register Company, which he expanded overseas and diversified into manufacturing office machines, 31 October 1970.
John A. Barr, 70, retailer who worked his way up the ladder in Montgomery Ward for over twenty-five years, expanding the company and becoming board chairman and president (1961-1964), 16 January 1979.
Elmer H. Bobst, 93, executive in vitamins and pharmaceuticals with Warner-Lambert Pharmaceuticals, 2 August 1978.
Harold Boeschenstein, 76, executive who promoted new products using glass fibers as president and board chairman of Owens-Corning Fiberglass Company, 23 October 1972.
Ernest R. Breech, 80, president of Bendix Aviation Corporation and,...
(The entire page is 1654 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE