A brief summary of Mickey Mantle's record would read something like this: New York Yankee outfielder who was one of the dominant power hitters of the 1950s and early 1960s. Blended a rare combination of speed and switch-hitting power. Won the American League Triple Crown in 1956, was three-time American League Most Valuable Player (1956, 1957, 1962), led the league in home runs four times, and played on seven World Series winning teams.
This summary, however, would not tell the whole story....
(The entire page is 527 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE