How Much is Good Health Worth?
The cliché that you cannot put a price on good health was vigorously challenged in the 1950s. People's astonishment at the accomplishments of medical science turned into shock when they found out the cost. Billions of dollars were spent on health care during the 1950s, and it was not enough. There were still sick people and dreaded diseases. There was also optimism that a disease-free society was within reach, if only Americans could afford it.
The Government and Health Care.
The government became a major force in the medical field after World
(The entire page is 845 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE