Robert Lee Bailey, An Examination of Prime Time Netword Television Special Programs, 1948-1966 (New York: Arno, 1979);
Erik Barnouw, The Image Empire: A History of Broadcasting in the United States from 1953 (New York: Oxford University Press, 1970);
Bliss, Edward, Jr. In Search of Light: The Broadcasts of Edward R. Murrow, 1938-1961. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1967.
William Boddy, Fifties Television: The Industry and Its Critics (Urbana & Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 1990);
William Y. Elliott, Television's Impact on American Culture. (East Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 1956)
Karen Sue Foley, The Political Blacklist in the Broadcast Industry: The Decade of the 1950's. (New York: Arno, 1979);
Larry James Gianokos, Television Drama Series Programming: A Comprehensive Chronicle, 1947—1959 (Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press,...
(The entire page is 695 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE