Gary M. Abshire, "Robbie," in Science Fiction Thinking Machines, edited by Groff Conklin (New York: Van-guard, 1954);
Leland Dewitt Bladwin, The Meaning of America (Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1955);
Wini Breines, Young, White, and Miserable: Growing Up Female in the Fifties (Boston: Beacon, 1992);
Paul G. Brews ter, American Nonsinging Games (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1953);
Brewster, Children's Games and Rhymes (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1952);
Bob Brown and Eleanor Parker, Culinary Americana: 1860-1960 (New York: Roving Eye Press, 1961);
Groff Conklin, ed., Science Fiction Thinking Machines (New York: Vanguard, 1954);
Margaret Cussler and Mary Louise de Give, Twixt the Cup and the Lip: Psychological and Socio-cultural Factors Affecting Food Habits (New York: Twayne, 1952);
(The entire page is 832 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE