TEACHER OF THE YEAR
1952: Geraldone Wheldon Jones—First Grade Hope Public School, Santa Barbara, California
1953: Dorthy Hamilton—Social Studies Milford High School, Milford, Connecticut
1954: Willard Wideberg—Seventh Grade Dekalb Junior High School, Dekalb, Illinois
1955: Margaret Perry—Fourth Grade Monmouth Elementary, Monmouth, Oregon
1956: Richard Nelson—Science Flathead Country High School, Kalispell, Montana
1957: Eugene G. Bizzell—Speech, English and Debate A. N. McCallum High School, Austin, Texas, and Mary F. Schwartz—Third Grade Bristol Elementary, Kansas City, Missouri
1958: Jean Listebarger Humphrey—Second Grade Edwards Elementary, Ames, Iowa
1959: Edna Donley—Mathematics and Speech Alva High School, Alva, Oklahoma
(The entire page is 119 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE