Donald Budge, Budge on Tennis (New York: Prentice-Hall, 1939);
Mickey Cochrane, Baseball: The Fan's Game (New York: Funk &Wagnalls, 1939);
Allison Danzig, The Racquet Game (New York: Macmillan, 1930);
Elmer Dawson (Edward Stratemeyer), The Buck and Larry Series (New York: Grosset & Dunlap); Buck's Home Run Drive (1931); Buck's Winning Hit (1930); Larry's Fadeaway (1930); Larry's Speedball (1932); The Pickup Nine (1930);
Eddie Egan, Fighting for Fun: The Scrapbook of Eddie Egan (New York: Macmillan, 1932);
Paul Gallico, A Farewell to Sport (New York: Knopf, 1938);
Reed Harris, King Football (New York: Vanguard, 1932);
William Inglis, Champions Off Guard (New York: Vanguard, 1932);
Helen Hull Jacobs, Beyond the Game: An Autobiography (Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1936);
(The entire page is 423 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE