Ernest Hamlin Abbott, 61, editor of the religious magazine Outlook 8 August 1931.
John Alden, 73 ? editor and poet, 4 March 1934.
Paul Y. Anderson, 45, journalist; his articles on the Teapot Dome and Elk Hills oil leases resulted in the reopening of a Senate investigation and won him the 1928 Pulitzer Prize for reportorial work, 6 December 1938.
Benjamin Harris Anthony, 69, became president of E. Anthony and Sons, publishers of the New Bedford Evening Post and the New Bedford Morning Mercury after the death of his father in 1906; also served as second vice president of the Associated Press and as president of the New England Daily Newspaper Alliance, 16 October 1932.
Daniel Reed Anthony Jr., 60, congressman and editor of the Leavenworth (Michigan) Times, 4 August 1931.
Elbert H. Baker, 79, director of the Associated Press after...
(The entire page is 2795 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE