By: The Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America
Date: March 1930–1934
Source: The Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America. "The Production Code of the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America Inc.—1930–1934." Available online at ; website home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~prodcode/index.html (accessed April 9, 2003).
About the Organization: The Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America (MPPDA) was established in 1922 by the major Hollywood movie studios to develop an industry response to increasing calls for movie censorship. Now known as the Motion Picture Association of America, it continues to rate movies for the motion picture industry.
By 1930, movies, like the radio and the automobile, had dramatically and permanently...
(The entire page is 2032 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE