Francis Wayland Ayer, 75, "ad" pioneer, founder of advertising and public relations firm that later became N. W. Ayer and Son, 5 March 1923.
William James Baldwin, 79, pioneer skyscraper constructor, 7 May 1924.
Ohio C. Barber, 79, "Match King" of the Diamond Match Company, 4 February 1920.
Clarence Walker Barron, 70, pioneer in stock-market journalism, founder of Boston News Bureau (1887) and Philadelphia News Bureau (1897), publisher of the Wall Street Journal (1901-1928), founder of Barrons Business and Financial Weekly (1921), 20 October 1928.
John Jacob Bausch, 95, founder (1853), with Henry Lomb, and president of Bausch and Lomb Optical Company, 14 February 1926.
William H. Beardsley, 73, president of Florida East Coast Railway, 13 December 1925.
Alexander Graham Bell, 75, inventor of the telephone and founder, with Gardiner G....
(The entire page is 2403 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE